For dental patients in the greater Detroit area, porcelain veneers can be an excellent option to cover imperfections and/or maintain the integrity of cracked or chipped teeth. Veneers are a simple, non-invasive way to keep your teeth looking their best, which is why Dr. Pete continues to offer them to patients here at Perfecting Your Smile.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made, thin shells of tooth-colored enamel that are adhered to the front of stained or damaged teeth. Porcelain veneers are the most common type of veneer and the preferred option for Dr. Pete because of their durability, resistance to stains, and similarity to natural teeth.
Common Reasons to Get Dental Veneers
There are several reasons a person may want to look seriously into porcelain veneers, including:
- Teeth are chipped or broken and need veneers not only to restore their former appearance, but also to stabilize the tooth from chipping or cracking any further.
- Teeth are discolored because of stains, large resin fillings, excessive fluoride use, or as a result of a root canal treatment.
- Teeth are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped. Veneers can help make a smile look straighter.
- Large gaps between teeth need to be filled. Because veneers can be made to any size, they can make certain areas wider to fill in those gaps.
- Teeth have worn down. Veneers can make shortened, worn-down teeth look longer and more like their natural state.
Average Cost of Porcelain Veneers
Because every dental patient is different, and because dental insurance coverage varies so widely, the cost of porcelain veneers can vary significantly. However, the average cost of porcelain veneers is typically somewhere between $925 and $2,500 per tooth. If you want an estimate specific to your own teeth and your own insurance, simply set up a consultation with Dr. Pete, and our staff can help you get a better sense of what they would cost for you.
What to Expect for the Procedure
There are a few steps in the application of dental veneers:
- Preparation – Dr. Pete will reshape the surface of the tooth/teeth to accommodate the custom-made veneers. He also will take an impression, or model, or your teeth so the dental laboratory can make veneers specifically for your teeth. The manufacturing process takes two to four weeks on average.
- Bonding – Once your veneers are ready, you’ll return for a second dentist appointment so the veneers can be bonded to your teeth and Dr. Pete can put the finishing touches on shaping them to fit your smile just right. Afterward, the veneer(s) will be cleaned, polished, and smoothed out.
- Follow-Up Visit – You may be asked to schedule a follow-up visit to check on things, but that’s more to keep an eye on your process than it is to complete any new work.
Our Process at Perfecting Your Smile
If you are interested in learning more about porcelain dental veneers to determine whether they are an appropriate option for improving your smile, contact Dr. Pete at Perfecting Your Smile in Bingham Farms, MI at your earliest convenience. Veneers are an easy and durable solution to stained or damaged teeth, and we would love to help you enjoy the benefits that so many patients have enjoyed before you.